Georgian Bay Mnidoo Gamii Biosphere (GBB) is recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as a World Biosphere Reserve—an important freshwater archipelago region that promotes solutions for conservation and sustainability. It is managed by GBB, a non-profit Canadian charity that works with partners to protect biodiversity and create healthy communities.
Like other UNESCO sites worldwide, the GBB strives to be a model of people and nature in balance. Our charity:
- takes climate action,
- connects people of all ages to nature,
- honours Indigenous people and cultures, and
- builds strategies for biodiversity and species protection.
Currently, we are facilitating partnerships for:
- collaborative strategies to protect species at risk,
- expanded nature education and land-based learning, and
- clean energy, sustainable transport, and climate adaptation.
Together, we are shaping a more sustainable future for the communities we care about.
Learn more and join us.